Poach your fillets in boiling water (or broil) until they are cooked thru or slightly under done or broil until just flaky white. Add a little salt to the water if boiling.
Put them in a large mixing bowl and drain. Set the bowl in the fridge to let cool.
For each 1 lb of meat add:
- 1 tablespoon of mayo and 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of Old Bay, or as much as you like
- 10 crushed RITZ crackers or the equivalent in bread crumbs
- Mix everything together and form into cakes, make sure to keep all those juices inside the cakes. After you do this a couple times, you’ll know the proper consistency. If it’s too dry add more mayo and mustard; if it’s too wet add more bread crumbs.
- Put the cakes on a plate and set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cook in a pan in oil or butter on medium high heat until golden brown. They could also go in the oven. Serve with your favorite tartar or cocktail sauce. Makes great sandwiches.