This is a very easy recipe that is a great on big Spring Rockfish.
Fillet fish and remove all dark meat, cut into serving size pieces. Cut enough up to line the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. I sometimes score the tops of the pieces that are over a 1” thick so that the sauce gets down in it.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (like a Fume Blanc)
- 2-4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled depending on how much you like blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped chives
- Dash white pepper
- Heat oven to 325. Grease 13X9-inch baking pan. In small bowl, mix flour and sour cream. Blend in wine, cheese, chives and white pepper. Place fish in greased pan. Spread with sauce. Bake until fish flakes easily, about 30 minutes. Remove fish from pan onto serving plate, stir up remaining sauce in pan and drizzle over fish before serving.